Sunday, February 21, 2021

Do you ever feel like a ant pushing a 300 ton rock up a 45 degree incline, Welcome to Lumen/CenturyLink

 

I have seen monkeys screwin a football before, I have seen rookies, screw up a recovery, and damage a truck, but I have never seen anything that matches, this crap of our 1gig, connection. Started in late September after I got into a pissing match with SparkLite. I call CenturyLink, Jon says he can connect me to 1gig fiber. Okay groovy baby. Thought we had it in the bag last Friday, but guess what, my Computers can't recognize it. Says no valid IP, address still. Hello, now what? Another week or so of sweating this out. While I can still do a show or two, our revenues and on air ratings are falling. I know that all are trying, but that's all a steer does, is try, it don't get the cow pregnant. We need the cow pregnant, so guess I need to find even more techies, to roll in to get this right. The big challenge I'm running out of money, my patience is running low, and Salt Lake City is looking better and better every day. At this rate none of these outfits, needn't send me a bill, because I am not able to completely use the product. As it is the blooming DSL is working and has a bit of kick, but by the time we add the TV studio, Satellite uplinks, and downlink, traffic and front office computers, billing, logging, computers, 3 dinky DSL modules ain't going to cut it. Hence the 1gig. Times like this, I wish I had never soiled the water with I4Soultions in Woods-Cross Utah, and as well as Sparklite. 

I just wish all this Covid and so on would end. While bars and cafes are going under, things it things are suffering too. Since there is no one minding the help and tech desks, problems never get solved. Whether its Google, Facebook, GoDaddy, or Lumen/CenturyLink, you can't get answers to real problems and questions by a real person. And Heaven forbid your malfunction happens on the weekend or after hours. While its a serious reality, us in our industry of toewing are about as perfect as there is, for only we know the true meaning of 24/7/365 service, too bad other business's in this nation can't(or wont) follow our lead.